Sunday, March 30, 2008

Another Sunday Means Another Award Day

As is my wont - I like to use Sundays to thank the wonderfully kind people who have thought of me when it comes to handing out awards.

Today I am thanking Canadian Flake and Daryl e for giving me my two new awards. I am always incredibly humbled by an award and get all awkward feeling - but I am truly grateful and proud to post them on my sidebar.

Speaking of which - The Man has changed my sidebar and there is now a lovely little slideshow that contains the awards I have received. So thanks to The Man as well.

And finally - but with much pomp and ceremony as well - I want to thank Stinking Billy for nominating this blog for The Best Of Blogs Award. That contest comes up later in April and I will keep you posted about it when I find out more.

Thank you all for your patience and perseverance in reading my story. It has been (and will be) longwinded...but what can I say?

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

Happy Sunday! I posted a photo today I think you'll like...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new awards. Nice to have the man there to do some sidebar things for you.

Irene said...

Long windedness gives us some exciting stuff to read, so that is good!

Lane Mathias said...

Congrats on the new awards and the nomination Aims. Very well deserved:-)

I Beatrice said...

You go from strength to strength, and I am full of admiration for your tenacity in keeping at it!

The blog-system has a way of keeping up the impetus, doesn't it? I discovered that for myself - and am now experiencing the downside of trying to make-it on my own!

Do you also have your off-days, I wonder? Or is the sheer immediacy and thrill of it all keeping the creative juices flowing?

I do hope so anyway.

Mima said...

Congrats on the awards, they are well deserved, looking forward to the next instalment!

Unknown said...

Yippee! Congrats, congrats, congrats!

aims said...

Thanks everyone! They still make me blush!

Cath said...

It is well worth it to read your "long winded" posts - you write so incredibly well. It is just quite a tug at me to remind myself that you are writing about YOU, that this DID happen and there were REAL people. You do write well though.

And congrats on your awards - well deserved.